Before skipping straight to adding your first product, please make sure you have completed the following steps (see Getting started with Shopify otherwise):
- Created a Shopify account
- Created a Hurdle Dashboard account
Once you have created the necessary accounts you’re ready to start adding products to your store. There is a list of first class products available for you to choose from depending on your location and current needs. Throughout this guide you will learn how to:
- Add products to your store
- Edit the description, price & media
- Advice on what information is needed for each product
Go to the storefront tab on your Hurdle Dashboard. There are two places you can click to add a product:
Storefront > Stores
Storefront > Products
You will see a drop down menu of products available in your region (tests are limited by region due to medical regulations). Choose a product and proceed to the next step.
If you are unsure which products you should be choosing, please contact your Hurdle success manager.
- You can leave the title/description as they are or modify as you wish. This is the information that will sync through to your Shopify product.
- Base Price is the price you will pay to Hurdle for each order you receive and therefore cannot be edited (see Payments for more information on how this works). The Retail Price is the price your customers will pay for the product in your shop. You can set the retail price to whatever you would like and can edit this as you see fit.
- Be sure to check “Add to stores” at the bottom, which will sync the product to Shopify.
- Back over in your Shopify admin panel > products, you should see the product has now synced through successfully. If it doesn't appear immediately, give it a minute and refresh the page.
There are two ways you can now edit your new product depending on the information you want to change. It doesn’t matter where you change the information as it will automatically update Hurdle if you update in Shopify and vice versa.
Below you can see what you are able to edit in each space.
- Log in to your Hurdle dashboard
- Go to the storefront tab
- Products tab
- Find the product you want to edit and then click edit.
- You can now edit the Product Title, Description and Retail Price.
- Remember to make sure the tickbox for your store is checked and you save by clicking update at the bottom of the screen
- Log in to your shopify account
- Go to the products tab on the left hand side
- Click on the product you want to edit
- You can now edit the information for your product
Please make sure you don’t edit anything in the Inventory Box. We use this box for fulfilment purposes so it’s vital the SKU is not edited. If you accidentally change anything in this area it could result in errors in the order process. Please let us know if this happens.
- Remember to hit save at the end of the page to ensure you don’t lose your progress!
More information 🔗
You can find out more about the product details you can edit here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/details
When you add a new product to your store through the Hurdle dashboard there will be a pre-populated product description available to you. This will include the basics about the product you’re looking to sell in your store.
However you may want to update this information to accommodate your company tone of voice, images or additional information you feel would be valuable to your customers.
If you are unsure about any of the above, please reach out to your Hurdle Success Manager.
Updated 6 months ago