Getting started with Hurdle.
This page will take you through the steps to use our platform to deploy your own Diagnostic-as-a-Service (DaaS) solution.
The testing flow
Before going further into the implementation details, it is helpful to have an understanding of the end-to-end testing flow.
The testing flow overview page goes into more detail, but the gist of it is:
- The testing flow starts with an order for a test. The order may come from a physician, an end user, an API or a Shopify storefront.
- Once the order is placed, a test kit is dispatched by Hurdle to the end user.
- The end user can then take the test by following the instructions of our online test registration flow.
- The registration flow is not optional and is provided by Hurdle.
- The registration flow can be customised to your brand and integrated with your user accounts.
- During the registration flow, Hurdle shares the essential information about the incoming sample with the lab electronically.
- The end user / patient ships the test sample to our labs using the included return label.
- The lab processes the sample and the results are made available to Hurdle electronically.
- Hurdle notifies you (via webhooks) and/or the end user (via email notifications).
- Results can then be consulted (over API or via our online portals).
The Diagnostics-as-a-Service implementation options
There is more than one way to benefit from Hurdle's platform.
You can choose:
- a no-code implementation:
- either setting up a Shopify storefront using our Shopify app, and letting Hurdle handle everything else - see Shopify Storefront
- or using our partner portal solution, allowing you to place orders on behalf of your customers or patients - see Partner portal
- to implement a storefront yourself using our Order API, and letting Hurdle handle subsequent steps. End-user-facing steps (e.g. the portal in which test status and results can be accessed) can be customised to your brand. If this is for you, you should read those pages:
- to control the experience end-to-end via our APIs, up to the delivery of the results. In that case the only part of the experience that is still delivered by Hurdle is the test registration flow, although it can be customised to your brand, and you can seamlessly integrate end user accounts with us by generating user tokens before the start of the flow. If this is the solution for you, read the following pages:
Whichever type of implementation you are looking for, you will need an account created on our partner portal. You can self-register, or get in touch with our sales team to be put in contact with an account manager.
Integrating your lab into the Hurdle network
You can start working with us by creating a lab account and integrating our API. Start on the Lab integration basics page or contact our lab operations team for more options.
Updated 2 months ago